Is Pusha T the one planting those "Kisses Down Low" that Kelly Rowland has been been singing about?
Kelly fans were caught off guard by a picture the former Destiny's Child member posted on Instagram over the weekend. It showed her and Pusha partying in Atlanta with the caption, “I love you baby! #streetlife @kingpush.” That's surely a reference to "Street Life," the track they recorded together on Kelly's new album, Talk a Good Game.
However, RumorFix reports that Pusha's longtime girlfriend, Virginia Williams (a.k.a.Ginny), is still holding him down. A source close to the couple says he even bought her a Rolex watch for her 36th birthday about two weeks ago.
MY 2 CENTS:
- It's impossible for a man and a woman to work together without the rumor mill firing up.
- Kelly, if it is true, keep getting those kisses!
- The cynic would say that this is a publicity stunt.
DMX: Files for Bankruptcy
The tough times continue for DMX, who's filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
According to the Wall Street Journal, he owes $1.2 million in child support, as well as $21,000 for an auto lease. In his filing, X lists less than $50,000 in assets, including a 50 percent stake in a property in Mount Kisco, New York.
DMX was busted last week in South Carolina for DUI, but wasn't charged after he reportedly passed a breath test in jail.
MY 2 CENTS:
- It's hard to fall over a million dollars behind in child support. That means he wasn't paying for years.
- Maybe this is the bottom for DMX.
- It's sad to see someone who sold so many albums have to file chapter 11.
- Child support is not dischargeable, so even if he gets things straightened out, he'll still be on the hook for that.
CIARA: Going to Groupon
This probably wasn't what Jay Z was talking about when he said there are "new rules" in the record business. In an effort to boost sales, Ciara is offering her new new self-titled album on Groupon.
In the $13.99 offering, fans who buy the disc will also receive a copy of The Very Best of Ciara, which features such hits as "Goodies," "Promise" and "Like a Boy."
Ciara moved 59,000 copies in its first week in stores, but fell to number-20 in its second week out with sales of only 15,000 units.
MY 2 CENTS:
- Jay said it's time to follow new rules, but there's a big difference between Samsung and Groupon.
- She should've waited a few more weeks before putting it on Groupon. That's going to be hard to live down.
- Wait, there's a Best of Ciara album?